Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Birmingham? no, no, no!!!

I did wonder if I could go to Birmingham today but obviously the answer's no. There's no way that I could travel that far right now. Pleasant thought though.

Early this morning I asked myself where would you like to be right now and I saw myself on Streatham Common walking up to The Rookery which is a nice space to sit on the common. It's nice and relaxing there. A long time since I've been there though. I can't remember if the enclosed garden in Brockwell Park has seats or not or if you just wander round looking at the flowers there. I like Brockwell Park.

My mind wandered off across the seas but I know it's going to be a long time before I'm well enough to travel further. One step at a time.

Got me papers for the day and a couple of text books. Quite relaxed about reading again. Just felt interested .. no hassle. I came back in and had to lie down as my back was a bit achy and went into some kind of very deep relaxation. I've been listening to a meditational cd from Gaiam. Maybe it's starting to work on some kind of subconscious level or maybe I'm just very tired after hardly sleeping last night. I was very good though and only got up for a bite to eat and then went back to rest. Didn't stay up. If I had I'm sure I'd be feeling a lot worse now. I was resting even though I couldn't sleep.

Anyway had a rest after getting in this afternoon and me backache's not so bad. Thought I had a bit of a headache coming on but that turned out to be nothing to worry about.