Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Friday, January 26, 2007

How on earth did they cope?

First of all I'd also like to add my thanks to the staff in Warwick hospital's A & E who were wonderful too and took care with my pain relief soon after I arrived, made it bearable, and got me packed off to Beaumont ward pretty quickly.

I heard while I was in the hospital that the A & E department had been saved from closure.


While I was there I wondered just how people in the past had coped with chronic illness. There would've been forms of pain relief but I've no idea quite what or how prevalent it would be in the various villages, towns and cities.

Fortunately for me the illness and therefore the pain I had when I went in has been treated. I'm left with dealing with the other illness which I'll be doing the best I can using complementary techniques to help. Things like meditation have proven effects so I'll be using them to try and give myself a chance to feel better and therefore give myself a better chance of coping with the illness and it going into recession.