Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Friday, January 26, 2007

This evening

Well, eaten most of my tea but eating isn't that easy right now. And obviously I can't go out this evening to the Friday meeting. I've a meditational dvd to watch though. Not quite the same because I enjoy the company, listening to other people and being there, but it'll have to do for now because I'm not up to a couple of hours out. I have to thank them for taking away some of the fear that went with being so ill.

There's a lot to think over too. This illness has just changed so much. It certainly isn't easy.

While I was in hospital this time I could put myself in mum's place when she was there. I can't remember which wards she was on when she went into Warwick. I know she wasn't on the one I was on this time but I guess last time in I probably found myself on a ward she'd been in. I never expected in find myself ill and being nursed there as I'm a Kings and St Thom's grrl meself and it'd never crossed my mind that I'd develop a serious illness while I was here.

How wrong can you be.

I found out that someone I know had a real difficult time a year ago which I hadn't been told about. To ask about it or not? Think I'll leave it but keep an eye open.

Being in hospital started my reading again. Just read through what I could in the last couple of days .. well, in my few waking hours. I was reading, chatting, though couldn't talk much and had to leave that to other people, and occasionally pottered down to the cafe for a lovely drink of hot chocolate once I was on my feet again.

The hot chocolate. Nice. And the soup and the bedtime Ovaltine.