Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Monday, January 29, 2007

Walking to Battersea

I was up too late again last night. I'd been on the phone a lot and just sat around thinking about a lot of things afterwards. I'm not sure when I eventually turned in but it was late.

So, I felt awful when I woke up this morning. Was up around half nine but I know that I just can't stay up til the early hours of the morning. It was just a lot of things were kind of interconnected and I had a lot to think about.

My mind's drifting off elsewhere a lot on to my journey back and the differences that's going to make. Someone I was talking to used to live down Queenstown Road, right near the bridge, going down to Battersea Park. Quite a while since I've been there too, though it's not forgotten anymore than anywhere else is. What's going to be interesting when I get back is how things have changed.

Battersea Park? Where a dog took me dog's and my sandwich right out of my hand and ate it. Carried all the way from Clapham Junction M & S down to the park on a doggie walk instead of just pottering along Clapham Common.

I used to go down there to Battersea to see friends and sometimes go to the park. I'd sometimes go down the Queenstown Road way, sometimes down the Arding and Hobbs/Clapham Junction station end into Battersea.

It all depends on how the illness sorts itself out how all that will go I guess.

Going off to do dinner now and off to rest early this evening.