Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Naaarhhhhhh

Or something. I've just spent more time listening to career advice and about personal growth ideas to investigate. I've got to go out and get some food in so will write about it later I guess.

Empowerment.

It's strange cause I bought a book about NLP the other week after dismissing it for ages as something I didn't want to look into. And, then, suddenly decided that it wouldn't do me any harm to actually find out what it was about rather than just going on preconceived ideas as I had been for quite a long time really.

First it was suggested that I tried Bowen therapy and then NLP. But, just three or four sessions of each would be fine, just to get me to safely confront some of the things I need to because it's thought that some of them are blocking some of my creativity to some extent.

Hmmmmm.

It's strange because some of the things that were mentioned that it was thought that I should be doing are just what I've been thinking about myself over the last few days as I've come out of the whooze of cold + anaesthetic. And what I'd been thinking of doing myself. Not the therapy though I'd obviously gone down that line to a certain extent by buying a book I'd've rejected completely a while earlier. But just ways to start the creativity rolling in other ways than I had been doing. It was like I'd started the conversation I was having with the person myself a couple of days earlier as what she was talking about and what I'd actually started to think just kind of were there together.

And I know she's right about some of it. The therapy .. well I have no idea about that because of my negative approach to NLP which kind of meant that I never really learnt anything about it, and Bowen therapy which I have to say I'd never heard of until she mentioned it to me.

Just three or four sessions of each. Well, it's certainly worth trying.