Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Out in the country

I was out walking around the common and down by the river again today. I'm much steadier on my feet and walked a steep slope and didn't need branches to cling to all the way down so that I could keep my balance. It wasn't that easy because I wasn't wearing walking shoes, just the velvet Mary Janes, and didn't have much grip on the earth. But I made it, if I hadn't all that would have happened is that I'd've ended up on my arse and got a little muddy.

It's a mass of greenery and flowers down there now. I was walking down there and it brought back memories of visiting a fairytale park in Germany when I was a child. It was the density of the greenery that brought back the memories again. Used to visit a fairytale park that was a wood that had fairytale houses in it. It was really nice. There used to be lots of blueberries growing in the area. It's strange that I remember that because it wasn't til years later that I actually tasted blueberries. Guess I must have asked what they were and was told but I didn't pick any to try. Many, many years later I eventually got to taste some. I just don't know why it took so long.

I was out for quite some time and it was good exercise as I walked through longish grass which needed more energy than just walking on short grass or out on the pavement. And the surface was quite varied so it was rather a workout. And there was just that bit of climbing.

It really was nice being out.