Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Out on the hills again

Just been to put dinner on. I went out for my first ramble since leaving hospital around the golf course and nearby places this afternoon. I think it's my first walk around there since leaving hospital for the first time. I soon found out that trying to climb grassy hills was not a good idea. Too much of the ouch factor. Other than that it was a pleasant time out. Didn't stay out for long but it was nice to be back there again. Haven't been able to go before because of my sleep ins and then waiting for the pain relief to take effect. By the time that's sorted out and I've been out and got papers and food it's usually getting dark.

There're lots of wild flowers in bloom out there. There are daisies in the grass and I saw white nettles, dandelions, vipers bugloss, speedwell, celendines, shepherd's purse and chickweed flowering too.

I still don't know all the names of the trees and shrubs but some of them are flowering too.

The Friday before last I noticed I had some white blobs on my shoes when I was sitting down in the hall. Couldn't work out what they were. The usual culprit for that kind of thing is toothpaste but I put my shoes on after cleaning my teeth in the morning and I didn't think it likely that I'd've been wandering around for hours without noticing them. The blobs fell off my shoes when I stood up later in the evening and it turned out that they were flower petals from tree blossom. It'd been raining earlier on and the wind had blown them onto my shoes, then they dried out in the hall and fell off my shoes.

Not toothpaste at all.