Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ian Copeland dies

Music promoter Ian Copeland died today as a result of having a melonoma.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/5015332.stm

Sad news, and he was only 57.

Very sad for his friends and family.

Also a warning to us. I had a mole removed a few years ago because it started bleeding. I was lucky because it turned out to be benign. And one hasn't reappeared where it was removed from, can't even see a mark where it was.

I've spent a lot of time in the sun, some of it very hot. I spent some of my childhood in the tropics which I believe is not good news. I don't know if I was kept in from the sun but I think I probably was protected because my capillaries hadn't been affected as if I'd been out in the sun a lot.

But because of the time I've spent out in the heat I expect I'm a candidate for skin cancer. My mother developed it and I've been out there a lot more than she ever was as far as I know.

I've noticed a few people have managed to get sunburnt this year. Don't know if that's from being abroad or from this country. The sun can burn you as early as April here. Though this year people are probably wondering where the sun has got to, even though we're short of rain.

Best to be careful.

I can't undo what I did, though I wear sunblock now.