Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Sunday, June 11, 2006

First you have to wait for ....

First you have to wait for the oven to heat up. It's almost enough to make me want to go and lie down again, but as that was what caused the problem to start off with I think I'll sit it out. Don't want to fall asleep again.

I was out in the woods for a while today. It was very atmospheric. I didn't go far in from the road, just enough to be surrounded by the trees. I remembered the article in New Scientist some time ago that mentioned the chemicals that are released by trees that apparently have an effect on people. I blogged about it at the time, don't know if that belongs to one of my deleted blogs or if it's still there. Might go back and have a look some time, but not this morning as I'm rather on the sleepy side. Still got a little bit of a cold too.

I found my time out had quite an effect on my senses. Taking in the greenery, which apparently is meant to have a calming effect, think I blogged about that too, but that might have gone in one of the deletions. The difference between sunlit parts of the wood and those in shade where the greenery was much darker was quite apparent. My mind was just reacting to all the stimulus as I walked around. I stayed quite a while in some places.

Took in the flowers as I walked around. Saw my first mallows in flower this year. Also found a lot of cranesbills, meadow ones too. It's how I like my garden. There's lots of Herb Bennett round here too. I accidentally had that growing in my garden because someone had packaged the wrong wild flower seeds in one of the packets I bought once. Can't remember what I thought it was going to be. Maybe campions because I didn't have any growing and I like them so I'm sure I'd've ordered some seeds.

Time to go and sort dinner out.