Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Friday, February 09, 2007

Nasty cold

It caused problems with my left hand side again and added loads of aches and pains to the pain caused by the other illnesses.

I guess I should've known I'd be rather fragile after just coming out of hospital. Anyway I took a little oramorph in the early hours with the two paracetamol I hadn't taken before going to sleep and that helped a bit. Someone said that's what it's prescribed for so use it when you need it. I guess the early hours are a good time. I don't take it during the day because I take other pain relief then and it's generally ok by midday.

Thinking back to how great they were up on Beaumont Ward. When I was in a lot of pain the nurses would be there to the minute almost for my next dose and would speak to a doctor during the night about it if need be. They were just so brilliant.

I had two teams there as well, the dermatology and surgical teams. Both excellent.

As were the A & E people.

And the food's good too. There were people discussing it when I first arrived again and wondering about receipes. I wasn't in that section for long though as I was moved down to the observation section near the nurses desk very soon after arriving.

The soup!!!! The porridge!!!! My favourites. And pottering down to the canteen or cafe when you could be up and about again, next door to each other, you could get a very nice drink of hot chocolate during the day. And at night there was hot chocolate or Ovaltine in the night time selection the nurses brought round.

Also, at around three in the afternoon, people would bring around a selection of fruit or biscuits, a small pack of cheese ritz sandwich biscuits or jaffa cakes and things like that, to go with a cup of tea or coffee.

I suppose I have to expect things to be rather difficult. My tum's been sore but I haven't been sick again and my nasal passages, though sore, seem to be healing because they're not doing some of the things they did in the early days of my illness.