Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Humour

Humour is trickling back in again so I suppose I'm starting to feel better.

Not that it's been a humourous day as I've spent a fair amount of the time reading about the situation in the Lebanon in various formats, blogs, message boards and the newspapers. And, then spent time discussing the weather and climate change.

To be honest I was still pretty depressed this morning, not the kind of depression that I was in earlier but I could feel I was still very tired and not functioning too well in some ways. But it seems to be wearing off some.

I mean I wasn't going to sound anyone out. I realised I had this depression again soon after I got this cold, it just sort of wraps itself around your head in a kind of pea soup of depressive thoughts and even though you know that it's not the whole picture it somehow seems to take over for a while. I'm aware of it though now and even though I still get down I can still kind of get myself through it.

I was a bit grotty this afternoon but kept it to myself because I realised the other person was just worn out and that she could do without me moaning as well because they weren't really anything. Pissed off about something being slow, which with my history of being late, not always, but I am quite good at it, wasn't really on.

She'd been worried about my health and we'd been through that but I could see that she was down too. Tired and hot I suppose. I don't mind the heat. I'd like it to be cooler but it doesn't really get to me even when I'm feeling out of it like today. I like summer temperatures of around 21C though really but I get through this type without any difficulty too.

Just have been feeling a bit tired and ill today. But the heat hasn't really affected me.

Humour seems to be coming back and I'm not feeling in the least bit pissed off about the silly things I was earlier on. Just tiredness and feeling low cause I wasn't feeling very well.

Better go and get dinner I suppose. Was going to go out to Tesco but I've a couple of ready meals in the freezer and I'll use one of those and cook some veg to go with it.

It's a veggie curry and will be nice. Have a soya dessert afterwards that's calcium enriched and has a good protein content and I think some extra vitamins.