Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Experience

One thing people often ask me is if I would've liked my life to be different. Not to have been so "interesting" shall we say. "Interesting" as in the Chinese saying May You Live In Interesting Times. Well, it's something like that, maybe not word for word, but that's the gist of it.

I do think about it sometimes and I can't really say that I would have. The dificulty comes when looking back at it and knowing that if it'd been different, easier, the person sitting here would be thinking and feeling differently from the me that's here now. I can't imagine what I'd be like. I know we're a sum of a lot of different things, genes, experiences, wear and tear, influences etc. But I know that my life has made a big impact on the way I see things and if they hadn't happened I wouldn't be the person I am now. I'd be someone that I wouldn't recognise.

I mean I'm a combination of a lot of different things, just like everybody, some things I like about myself .. and somethings I don't. Somethings haven't changed much from how I remember myself as much younger but somethings certainly have.

The world isn't a fluffy place. It would be nice ofcourse if it was, but it isn't. No, I don't regret my experiences in it. They've taught me a lot.

Though at the moment I'm having to work through one of my little traits. Brought home to me yesterday.