Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Friday, February 16, 2007

Sleep

To carry on from the last post about sleeping

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17170672

I'd read about brain cell renewal some time ago and was just wondering if this is any different from what was written about then.

I'm sleeping alright though it's taking me a while to actually fall asleep at the moment. I know it's important for me to get enough sleep at the moment because of the amount of repair work my body needs to do, most of which will be done while I'm sleeping or resting.

I don't get up anymore if I can't sleep. I'm not as restless as I was or maybe I am in some ways but it's easy enough just to relax and hope that I'll soon drift off to sleep.

And I don't put the light on. I can't remember if it's melatonin production or serotonin production that is affected by darkness.

I'm pretty tired today though so it's best just to rest. I don't feel too bad apart from that. Pain levels were pretty high this morning but I've sorted that out so that it's not too bad. The cold I had made things pretty bad but that's easing off, the worst has gone.