Dancing In The Dark With The Stars All Around

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Back again

Though by a rather extended route. When I got out of the train at Paddington I felt just as if I'd stepped out of my front door really. Didn't feel as strange as it had the previous couple of times.
When I got into the cab I recognised everywhere we went through and just felt comfortable.

People were more uptight this time but there were still a lot of friendly people around and still smiling. Even after the unbelievable stunt that had happened earlier in the day. But I guess it brought back sad memories of what had happened and how many innocent people had been injured and killed in July last year.

Time at the dentist went well and next week I'll have more work done, an impression taken and a temporary bridge made and fitted. Then I've just got to wait for the new one to be made.

The dentist asked how things had gone and I told him there'd been no pain. He said he thought there would be this time but there isn't. I have feeling there though it's just that there's no pain after the work he's done on the tooth. Maybe something to do with the original injuries. I don't know at all.

Walked around a bit and looking round again and after a while went up to the health shop. And what d'ya know, there was an aduki bean cottage pie. Hopefully they were just waiting on a delivery at Camden. When I'm back or when I've time I'll go over to the branch at Old Street and see what they're stocking there because they used to stock a whole range of that companies packaged ready to eat meals.

Bought a soya sausage roll which was very nice, some very thin brown rice noodles and a pack of green tea flavoured ones as well. You never know what you're going to find do you. Some chocolate soya desserts that they hadn't had in Fresh and Wild either and that they used to sell. They had the fruits of the forest ones which are very nice but not the chocolate ones.

I'd decided to buy a one day travel card when I set out, not knowing that I would be sight seeing before I got to London, so went back. Thought about staying over night but decided I'd be back down again in a few days so would just go back. And anyway will soon be living there again.